When you consult family, friends, library and the Web about hair loss treatments, you will find a host of "do-it-yourself" hair loss products such as creams, ointments, lotions, nutrition supplements, scalp stimulants and other "miracle cures," all promising to stop hair loss and regrow hair.
Among all the options for nonsurgical treatment of androgenetic alopecia (pattern baldness), you will find only two that have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug
Minoxidil (Rogaine) is approved by the FDA for female pattern hair loss. It can slow or stop hair loss in most women and may help hair grow back in up to a quarter of those who use it. The benefits are lost when you stop using it. For women with alopecia areata, corticosteroids can help regrow hair. And if you have an underlying medical problem or a nutritional deficiency, hair usually grows back on its own once that condition is under control.
Most patients that come in to visit our offices often ask Does Propecia Really Work? The answer to this question is it helps 85% of patients who use it. Propecia serves as an enzyme blocker, not allowing a male’s testosterone from further converting to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Since this small pill, taken daily, goes directly to the root of the hair loss problem, it tends to be the most effective orally consumed hair loss solution of all.
This third option also falls in the category of effective products for hair loss. Since you may be like some of our patients that don’t like to use pharmaceutical products, but instead may be looking for a natural remedy for hair loss, Dr. Pizarro highly recommends consuming Vitamin B12, Biotin, Zinc and Magnesium on a daily basis. These natural remedies have been found to be very effective in strengthening the hair and nails of our patients.
- 93% of HairMax LaserComb® users in clinical studies experienced hair growth
- First and only home use medical device FDA Class II Cleared to treat hair loss and promote hair growth in men and women*
- HairMax LaserComb is a better hair loss treatment option than Propecia and minoxidil
- A safe and effective hair loss treatment with NO serious side effects
- The HairMax LaserComb helps improve overall scalp health
It works for women too. In, 2011, the FDA Cleared the HairMax LaserComb to treat hair loss and promote hair growth* in women. This is truly groundbreaking news - For the first time in over 23 years women now have a choice between a topical drug hair loss treatment (minoxidil) and the safe, effective, easy to use HairMax LaserComb®
The 312 RX Laser Cap is a new low level laser treatment for thinning hair that can be done right in the comfort and convenience of your own home. The Capillus 272™ has been featured by The View, Dateline, Today, and other media outlets. The draw of the Capillus is the mobility it offers with the use of the rechargeable battery pack. Like the LaserCap, it can easily be concealed inside of a hat, scarf or other form of head covering.
Since it comes down farther on the head than the LaserCap, it has been found to be ideal for female patients concerned with temporal recession of the hairline.
Any patient, male or female, who has thinning hair they want to keep, can use it. Low level laser therapy has been shown to boost cell metabolism for thicker, healthier hair. The Capillus stimulates the patient’s scalp and encourages growth of hair follicles.
A 5-year warranty for the 312 RX Laser Cap covers any defects or faults in craftsmanship from the manufacturer. It also comes with a 1-year money back guarantee.
- 100% laser technology with 272 laser diodes; no LED lights
- Considered to have more laser coverage and power output than other portable at-home devices
- Convenient and easy to use
- Battery pack is easily clipped onto clothing or carried in a pocket
- No mess involved like with topical solutions
- Hair will not be left wet, greasy, or dirty
- There are zero side effects to this non-invasive and non-pharmaceutical product
- May be combined with other forms of hair restoration therapy
- Needs to only be worn 3X/week for 30 minutes for six months, then once every other week for maintenance
Remember what it felt like to run your fingers through your hair? (Or even better, how it felt when someone else did?) Now you can welcome back that feeling while looking even better than you did before your hair loss began. Less expensive than surgery, non-surgical hair restoration process re-creates the look and feel of your own natural hair. You can brush your hair, style your hair, swim, and even get sand in your hair.
You can even choose to replace your hair gradually with hair restoration surgery for a subtle transition that doesn't draw attention until people start asking if you've been working out. Learn More Today!